Swimmers and Parents,
We are a little over a week away of the start of the 2017-2018 swim season. I am looking forward to seeing a lot of returning and new faces this year.
**Swim Team Suits**
-The swim suit sizing kit has arrived. Please stop by my room this week to try on a suit so you know your size. We will be ordering suits near the start of the season and I would like everyone to give me their size so I can get them ordered ASAP. You can stop by my room at anytime to check out a try-on swim suit. I have various sizes. I will be sending out a google form soon where you will put your sizing information. Prices of suits (this includes everything):
• Women’s Poly Core Solid-$50.00 ea. • Men’s Poly Core Jammer-$37.00 ea. • Men’s Poly Core Brief-$29.00 ea.
1. I have attached the most up-to-date schedule as of today. Please note that this may change and I am just sending it out to allow you to plan for the season. Some practices may be added as well as a meet is still TBD. All practices and meets are required. If you are planning vacations please read the attached parent-handout for information about missed practices or meets.
2. I have set up open weights (this is voluntary) for the time leading up to the official start of the season. If you are not in a fall sport please attend these open weight sessions. They are held on Tu/Th right after school. See attached schedule.
3. Your athletes and parents must have ALL forms electronically signed on Final Forms. They will not be allowed to tryout, practice, play until ALL forms are completed by both athlete and parent. Please click on the following for all forms Final Forms Website. Please make sure all of your athletes are signed up through Final Forms and have marked which sport they are participating in.
4. Pay to Play ($105) and Physical MUST be turned in ON or BEFORE November 2nd at 2:30pm to the Athletic Department at the HS. Please note–without these 2 items turned into the athletic department the athlete will NOT be able to participate.
5. I have attached a list of important dates for the year. You are EXPECTED to participate in ALL LAB activities. These dates are listed on the document. Parents and swimmers please make yourself available for these dates.
6. The first day of practice is on Tuesday, 11/7 at BA YMCA from 5-6:15am. Please see the attached schedule. All athletes ride a bus to and from practice. The bus will pick them up and drop them off at the HS. Times of bus pick up are noted on the attached schedule (4:30am pick up on Tu/Th and 4:45am pick up on F). Please make sure you or the athlete have a swim suit and a pair of goggles for the first day of practice. A locker room with showers are provided at the practice site. Make sure they have shower items and clothes to change into for school. Provide a breakfast until breakfasts are set up later in the season.
7. Club Swimmers ONLY-
– Email me your crossover date. Please note– you are required to go to all swim meets prior to your crossover date to support your teammates. Failure to attend the meets prior to your crossover date will be an unexcused absence.
– Email me your times no later than Monday, 11/6. If you have updated times please email me as well so I can update our Loveland swimming records.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to a great season and to meeting all of the new faces.
Brandon Day – 500 Free 17th and 100 Back 23rd
Vaughn Richter – 50 Free 30th
Courtney Mennen – 100 Free 24th and 100 Back 25th
Lauren Williams – 50 Free 23rd
Nami Cannon – 50 Free 30th
Sarah Klenke – 100 Back 8th
200 Medley Relay
Brandon Day, Mitchell LaiFook, Sam Ward & Vaughn Richter 1:46.82
Sarah Klenke, Kendall Wheeler, Lauren Williams & Reagan Patton 1:54.18
200 Free Relay
Sam Ward, Evan Dial, Mitchell LaiFook & Vaughn Richter 1:37.25
Courtney Mennen, Reagan Patton, Sarah Klenke & Lauren Williams 1:42.02
400 Free Relay
Sam Ward, Evan Dial, Vaughn Richter & Brandon Day 3:37.41
Emma Blackburn, Nami Cannon, Courtney Mennen & Lauren Williams 3:45.69
Congratulations to the following swimmers advancing to DISTRICTS in individual events!
Brandon Day – 500 Free and 100 Back
Vaughn Richter – 50 Free
Courtney Mennen – 100 Free and 100 Back
Lauren Williams – 50 Free
Nami Cannon – 50 Free
Sarah Klenke – 100 Back
The following Relays have qualified for DISTRICTS:
200 Medley Relay
Brandon Day, Hunter Wentland, Sam Ward & Vaughn Richter 1:48.15
Sarah Klenke, Kendall Wheeler, Lauren Williams & Reagan Patton 1:54.74
200 Free Relay
Sam Ward, Evan Dial, Mitchell LaiFook & Vaughn Richter 1:38.07
Sarah Klenke, Nami Cannon, Reagan Patton & Lauren Williams 1:42.71
400 Free Relay
Sam Ward, Evan Dial, Vaughn Richter & Brandon Day 3:37.83
Sarah Klenke, Nami Cannon, Reagan Patton & Courtney Mennen 3:49.60
GOOD LUCK AT SW OHIO DISTRICTS NEXT WEEKEND!
2017 Southwest Ohio High School Swimming & Diving Classic, January 14-15, 2017
The 33rd Annual SW Classic Meet is one of the largest swim meet of its kind across the United States … from the opening 400 Medley Relay on Day 1 to the concluding 400 Freestyle Relay on Day 2, this iconic event will not disappoint. Officials expect between 2,500 and 2,700 swimmers to compete in this meet. This meet annually ranks as the most prestigious of regular high school meets. Finalists will converge at St. Xavier High School’s Keating Natatorium and will be televised on Waycross.
Princeton High School Participants:
Anderson (CIAN), Bethel-Tate (BTA), Indian Hill (CIIH), Lakota East (LTLE), Lakota West (WCLW), Loveland (LOV), Madeira (CMAD), Norwood (NORD), Princeton (CPR), Summit Country Day
Swimming Prelims – Countryside YMCA, Dayton Raider Aquatic Center (DRAC), Miami University “A”, Miami University “B”, Milford, Mason High School Natatorium, Princeton High School Natatorium, Trotwood-Madison High School, Washington Twp. and West Carrolton YMCA.
Warm-up sessions will be set up at the pools with no session beginning before 6:30 AM
8:00 AM Preliminaries Begin
Swimming Finals – January 14 and 15 at Keating Natatorium
5:30 PM Warm-up
6:30 PM Finals
Please wear your LHS White Athletic Shirt along with any other LHS Spirit Wear. Don’t forget that parka to stay warm & dry. Also join us for our 1st team dinner @ Oberholzer’s house on Thursday from 6-8.
Location is Mason High School. Bus leaves LHS@6:15 am. Warm-Up 7am. Prelims start 8:45am. Meet estimated to conclude around 1pm. Back to LHS approximately 30 minutes after conclusion.
Follow the twitter feed: LHS_Swim_n_Dive
View pictures from the season: https://lovelandhighschoolswimdive.shutterfly.com/
1. Paper Work: MUST BE COMPLETE & TURNED IN BY THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3rd. FINAL FORMS must be completed by parent AND athlete. loveland-oh.finalforms.com The link can be also be found on the LHS Athletic Website. Pay to Play -$105- Cash or check made out to LHS Athletics. Valid Physical on file with me (the 2 pages the doctor signs off on–the rest of the physical form is completed on Final Forms) Please make sure your athlete selects which winter sport they are doing on the Final Forms page.
2. Practices: All practices are MANDATORY.
We practice on Tu/Th morning from 5-6:15am at Blue Ash YMCA and Friday at Sycamore HS from 5:15-6:30am. There is a mandatory bus which will take athletes to and from practice. The bus leaves at 4:30am on Tu/Th and 4:45am on Fridays. On Saturday practice days we do not have a bus and athletes/parents need to provide transportation. Weights are on Tu/Th from 2:45-3:45pm
Tuesday, 11/8 & Thursday, 11/10 at BA YMCA. I will have a complete team roster on Thursday, 11/10 by 8pm indicating you are part of the 2016-2017 team. Please note that you cannot try out for the team unless your paperwork is completed and turned in by Thursday, November 3. No exceptions. **Club Swimmers that would like to be excluded from try-outs you need to send me your times. If times aren’t turned in prior to try outs, then I will assume you are coming to both try-out days.
4. Parent Meeting & Meet the Team:
Monday, 11/14 at 6pm Parent Meeting. I will have much more information, go over my policies, calendar, swim suit ordering and other items. Meet the team night is right after at 7pm- which is mandatory for all athletes for winter sports!
5. Calendar: Swimming Schedule (as of 11/14) swim calendar for the season. Please note I am still working on some things, but wanted to send it to you for planning purposes. Some meets, practices, times may be added or changed. I will let you know of these changes well in advance.
I am looking forward to meeting you all and starting off a great season. Please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns.
Loveland High School
Head Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach
Work: 513-697-3024 ext. 3785