Swimmers and Parents,
We are a little over a week away of the start of the 2017-2018 swim season. I am looking forward to seeing a lot of returning and new faces this year.
**Swim Team Suits**
-The swim suit sizing kit has arrived. Please stop by my room this week to try on a suit so you know your size. We will be ordering suits near the start of the season and I would like everyone to give me their size so I can get them ordered ASAP. You can stop by my room at anytime to check out a try-on swim suit. I have various sizes. I will be sending out a google form soon where you will put your sizing information. Prices of suits (this includes everything):
• Women’s Poly Core Solid-$50.00 ea. • Men’s Poly Core Jammer-$37.00 ea. • Men’s Poly Core Brief-$29.00 ea.
1. I have attached the most up-to-date schedule as of today. Please note that this may change and I am just sending it out to allow you to plan for the season. Some practices may be added as well as a meet is still TBD. All practices and meets are required. If you are planning vacations please read the attached parent-handout for information about missed practices or meets.
2. I have set up open weights (this is voluntary) for the time leading up to the official start of the season. If you are not in a fall sport please attend these open weight sessions. They are held on Tu/Th right after school. See attached schedule.
3. Your athletes and parents must have ALL forms electronically signed on Final Forms. They will not be allowed to tryout, practice, play until ALL forms are completed by both athlete and parent. Please click on the following for all forms Final Forms Website. Please make sure all of your athletes are signed up through Final Forms and have marked which sport they are participating in.
4. Pay to Play ($105) and Physical MUST be turned in ON or BEFORE November 2nd at 2:30pm to the Athletic Department at the HS. Please note–without these 2 items turned into the athletic department the athlete will NOT be able to participate.
5. I have attached a list of important dates for the year. You are EXPECTED to participate in ALL LAB activities. These dates are listed on the document. Parents and swimmers please make yourself available for these dates.
6. The first day of practice is on Tuesday, 11/7 at BA YMCA from 5-6:15am. Please see the attached schedule. All athletes ride a bus to and from practice. The bus will pick them up and drop them off at the HS. Times of bus pick up are noted on the attached schedule (4:30am pick up on Tu/Th and 4:45am pick up on F). Please make sure you or the athlete have a swim suit and a pair of goggles for the first day of practice. A locker room with showers are provided at the practice site. Make sure they have shower items and clothes to change into for school. Provide a breakfast until breakfasts are set up later in the season.
7. Club Swimmers ONLY-
– Email me your crossover date. Please note– you are required to go to all swim meets prior to your crossover date to support your teammates. Failure to attend the meets prior to your crossover date will be an unexcused absence.
– Email me your times no later than Monday, 11/6. If you have updated times please email me as well so I can update our Loveland swimming records.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to a great season and to meeting all of the new faces.
Brandon Day – 500 Free 17th and 100 Back 23rd
Vaughn Richter – 50 Free 30th
Courtney Mennen – 100 Free 24th and 100 Back 25th
Lauren Williams – 50 Free 23rd
Nami Cannon – 50 Free 30th
Sarah Klenke – 100 Back 8th
200 Medley Relay
Brandon Day, Mitchell LaiFook, Sam Ward & Vaughn Richter 1:46.82
Sarah Klenke, Kendall Wheeler, Lauren Williams & Reagan Patton 1:54.18
200 Free Relay
Sam Ward, Evan Dial, Mitchell LaiFook & Vaughn Richter 1:37.25
Courtney Mennen, Reagan Patton, Sarah Klenke & Lauren Williams 1:42.02
400 Free Relay
Sam Ward, Evan Dial, Vaughn Richter & Brandon Day 3:37.41
Emma Blackburn, Nami Cannon, Courtney Mennen & Lauren Williams 3:45.69
Congratulations to the following swimmers advancing to DISTRICTS in individual events!
Brandon Day – 500 Free and 100 Back
Vaughn Richter – 50 Free
Courtney Mennen – 100 Free and 100 Back
Lauren Williams – 50 Free
Nami Cannon – 50 Free
Sarah Klenke – 100 Back
The following Relays have qualified for DISTRICTS:
200 Medley Relay
Brandon Day, Hunter Wentland, Sam Ward & Vaughn Richter 1:48.15
Sarah Klenke, Kendall Wheeler, Lauren Williams & Reagan Patton 1:54.74
200 Free Relay
Sam Ward, Evan Dial, Mitchell LaiFook & Vaughn Richter 1:38.07
Sarah Klenke, Nami Cannon, Reagan Patton & Lauren Williams 1:42.71
400 Free Relay
Sam Ward, Evan Dial, Vaughn Richter & Brandon Day 3:37.83
Sarah Klenke, Nami Cannon, Reagan Patton & Courtney Mennen 3:49.60
GOOD LUCK AT SW OHIO DISTRICTS NEXT WEEKEND!
Loveland High School will compete at the Mason Location
Mason High School, 6100 Mason-Montgomery Road, Mason, Ohio
DIVISION I ADVANCERS TO DISTRICT
In the individual events, the fastest 32 swimmers in the event will advance to the District meet. However, each sectional site (Centerville, Keating, Mason, and Trotwood) will advance two (2) automatic qualifiers. Any automatic qualifier not in the top 32 will be added at the end in open lanes.
For relay events, the fastest 24 relay teams in the event will advance to the District meet. However, each site (Centerville, Keating, Mason, and Trotwood) will advance two (2) automatic qualifiers. Any automatic qualifier not in the top 24 will be added at the end in open lanes.
Relay team members may be changed from the Sectional to District to State Tournaments providing the swimmers are on the schools tournament eligibility list and will not have participated in more events than permitted by the Federation Rules.
*Note that DI and DII swimming will compete during the same session, with the DII teams competing first in each event. The results will be posted by Division.
Friday, February 10 BOYS SECTIONALS
Warm Ups @ 5 PM, Competition Starts @ 6:30 PM DI and D2 Boys
DI SCHOOLS: Amelia, Anderson, Archbishop Moeller, Glen Este, Kings, Lebanon, Little Miami, Loveland, Mason, Milford, Sycamore, Turpin. (12)
DII SCHOOLS: Archbishop McNicholas, Bishop Fenwick, Cincinnati Christian, Cincinnati Country Day, Cincinnati Hills Christian, Clinton Massie, Franklin, Indian Hill, Madeira, Mariemont, New Richmond, Norwood, Waynesville, Wilmington. (14)
Saturday, February 11 GIRLS SECTIONALS
Warm Ups @ 8 AM, Competition Starts @ 9:30 AM DI and D2 Girls
MASON AM DI SCHOOLS: Amelia, Anderson, Lakota East, Lakota West, Lebanon, Loveland, Mason, Middletown, Turpin. (9)
MASON AM DII SCHOOLS: Archbishop Alter, Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy, Clark Montessori, Clinton Massie, Dayton Christian, Madeira, Miami Valley, Monroe, Waynesville, Wilmington, Yellow Springs. (11)
ECC Championship Results
200 Free Relay 3rd Place
Brandon Day, Vaughn Richter, Evan Dial and Sam Ward
Courtney Mennen 3rd Place Sarah Klenke 2nd Place
Brandon Day 2nd Place Boys 100 Backstroke
6th Place 200 Medley Relay – Sarah Klenke, Kendall Wheeler, Lauren Williams & Courtney Mennen
4th Place 200 Medley Relay – Brandon Day, Mitchell Laifook, Sam Ward & Vaughn Richter
200 Free Relay –
500 Free: 9th Place Evan Dial & Nami Cannon 6th Place
50 Free: 4th Place Vaughn Richter, Lauren Williams 11th & Reagan Patton 12th
100 Fly: 7th Place Sam Ward & Kendall Wheeler 12th Place
100 Breast: 9th Place Mitchell Vaughn & Kendall Wheeler 12 Place
200 Free: 9th Place Evan Dial
Girls 400 Free Relay: 7th Place Nami Cannon, Sarah Klenke, Emma Blackburn & Courtney Mennen
2017 Southwest Ohio High School Swimming & Diving Classic, January 14-15, 2017
The 33rd Annual SW Classic Meet is one of the largest swim meet of its kind across the United States … from the opening 400 Medley Relay on Day 1 to the concluding 400 Freestyle Relay on Day 2, this iconic event will not disappoint. Officials expect between 2,500 and 2,700 swimmers to compete in this meet. This meet annually ranks as the most prestigious of regular high school meets. Finalists will converge at St. Xavier High School’s Keating Natatorium and will be televised on Waycross.
Princeton High School Participants:
Anderson (CIAN), Bethel-Tate (BTA), Indian Hill (CIIH), Lakota East (LTLE), Lakota West (WCLW), Loveland (LOV), Madeira (CMAD), Norwood (NORD), Princeton (CPR), Summit Country Day
Swimming Prelims – Countryside YMCA, Dayton Raider Aquatic Center (DRAC), Miami University “A”, Miami University “B”, Milford, Mason High School Natatorium, Princeton High School Natatorium, Trotwood-Madison High School, Washington Twp. and West Carrolton YMCA.
Warm-up sessions will be set up at the pools with no session beginning before 6:30 AM
8:00 AM Preliminaries Begin
Swimming Finals – January 14 and 15 at Keating Natatorium
5:30 PM Warm-up
6:30 PM Finals
14 high schools went head to head over the weekend for the Princeton Invitational. The girls team placed 3rd and the boys placed 8th for a combined finish of 4th Overall for the Loveland Tigers!! Congrats on a great meet!
Princeton Invitational Top 10 Loveland Results:
1st Place Finishes
Courtney Mennen, Kendall Wheeler, Lauren Williams & Emma Blackburn – Girls 200 Medley Relay
Brandon Day – Boys 200 IM & Boys 100 Free
Nami Cannon – Girls 200 Free & 100 Back
Emma Blackburn – 200 Girls IM
Hannah Hart – Girls 50 Free
Lauren Williams – Girls 100 Butterfly
Kendall Wheeler, Reagan Patton, Hannah Bashardoust, Sarah Klenke – Girls 200 Free Relay
Rachel Oberholzer – Girls 100 Breast
Hunter Wentland – Boys 100 Breast
Congratulations to all of our top finishers and to every swimmer participating in this dual meet.
Please wear your LHS White Athletic Shirt along with any other LHS Spirit Wear. Don’t forget that parka to stay warm & dry. Also join us for our 1st team dinner @ Oberholzer’s house on Thursday from 6-8.
Location is Mason High School. Bus leaves LHS@6:15 am. Warm-Up 7am. Prelims start 8:45am. Meet estimated to conclude around 1pm. Back to LHS approximately 30 minutes after conclusion.